Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shakespearean Valentines

I couldn't help myself. I apologize in advance if some of the jokes are a bit too obscure/silly...

Macbeth,

Roses, they're red;
Daggers should be too.
Buttercups are yellow.
Question is... Are you?

Your Lady "Tigress"

*****

Desdemona,

The roses were red;
The violets were blue.
"Allergies," you said.
Here's a hanky. Achoo!

Othello


*****

Bottom,

I paid for our evening;
(I'm a broad-minded lass)
While you ate the chocolate,
The roses... hay, grass(!).
I just wanted a card.
It's over, you a**!

*****

Hamlet,

Roses are purple; violets are gray,
Tomorrow is St. Valentine's Day...
Pansies are yellow; rue is like gold.
Marriage is hellish; nunneries, cold.
Pray, love, remember, when you are blue,
That--hey, nonny, hey--I'm crazy for you!

Ophelia

3 comments:

  1. These are wonderful!

    Nothing wrong with silly. Silly is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Sometimes things are only funny up till the point they leave my head...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, too well I know that feeling!

    ReplyDelete